Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hari raya *06

Geez, I missed it... The Raya wishabout'

Miss the great Hari Raya wishing brouhaha. Was sooo busy the past few days. Had to force myself to go shopping last Saturday cos' the mood still have not kicked in then. I tot' Raya wasn't till another week. Got the Monday off and spent it driving around, collecting and sending dishes to my neighbours & relatives.

Raya had been a blast despite one missing cousin who had to work. Tsk.

The weight I lost by fasting the whole month was eventually gained in just ONE day yesterday. Is that any surprise...?

Managed to visit more houses yesterday BUT it comes at a price- we have to miss out my paternal aunt's house. Felt really weird doing something that's not routine.

I felt really silly having gone to work right after Hari Raya. I was the only Malay in the bus to work today and there's no sign of a Malay at the foodcourt near my office. Then again, I'm glad I came (the boss's wife had asked that I clear the whole week!). Betcha' THE BOSS was glad I came. Managed to tie up some (much needed) loose ends.

But tomorrow, when everyone else returns to work, I'm on leave! On Friday too!!! Whee!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lah.... I shall part with words from the SMS sent by a couple of my friends:

"...Eid Mubarak to u and ur family. May all our ibadah & good deeds be accepted and duly rewarded & may all that we have praticed in this month (of Ramadhan) become a part of our daily routine for the months to come..."

"...Minal 'Aaideen Wal Faizeen Wal Maqbuuleen. Kullu 'Am Wa Ant Bi Khair. Insya Allah. Taqabalallah Minaa Wa Minkum!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from me:

Eid Mubarak! I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for my wrongdoings. Naturally one is not perfect and there are errs that I'm aware and those that I'm not aware of, be it in my conversations or actions. Some may be intentional and some are not.

I know that it's really funny that one should take the opportunity to seek forgiveness only once a year. And goodness knows how sincere one is, when asking for forgiveness or when 'forgiving' someone.

But I guess Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (that's quoting from Elton John's famous ditty), after all. Since we're given the chance to go all out with this virtuous action, might as well get on with it. To make up for those moments when muttering 'sorry' could have saved one from the brief pain of being hurt emotionally when a tactless remark or action was made.

Well, you never know..... Rite?













My fave picture from yesterday.

No comments: