Wednesday, January 23, 2008

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

R.I.P. Heath Ledger


1980-2008


Man, I'm so depressed now.

"The actor Heath Ledger was found dead in a Manhattan apartment on Tuesday afternoon...

"...The police said Mr. Ledger, 28, was discovered facedown in bed in an apartment at 421 Broome Street in SoHo. Police officials said that a bottle of prescription sleeping pills were found on a nearby night table, but that they did not know whether they played a role in Mr. Ledger’s death..."

I am sooo loking forward to his portrayal of Joker in the new Batman movie: The Dark Knight. It's said his version is wayyy darker as compared to Jack Nicholson's.

Then there's him portraying Bob Dylan in, "I'm Not There." That's a very depressing character, if you ask me.

"...Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the newspaper. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said."

I totally dig his works: Lords of Dogtown, Casanova... Brokeback Mountain... Oh how I love the latter.

*sob*

We lost yet another good one, there.

No comments: