Friday, August 18, 2006

shut up jt

why celebs have spokespersons

Quoted from Socialitelife:

"...I don'' expect my pop stars to be some kind of "word geniuses" and stuff, because I know full well that they were manufactured by Disney for the sole puporse of entertaining the populace with their singin' and dancin'. But it seems like they should have at least been programmed to avoid any kind of casual talking or divulging of "opinions" to major newspapers and/or magazines seeing as how they're not capable of doing so without sounding like total idiots. Justin Timberlake just proves my point .."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On dating Spears:
"I dated Britney half my life, but I don't know that person anymore. I'm not sure I knew her before. If I was writing an article about her, I would not be able to fight the urge to write every dirty thing about her."

On his '80s-inspired album, Future Sex/Love Sounds:
"I wanted it to look to a time when everything was really sexy. Maybe everybody was coked up, but who cares? It was hot. It was all about sex."

On smoking weed:
"I remember the first time it was reported that I smoked pot. I was like, Y'all don't? that's why I sort of respect Kate Moss. I think you lose once you start trying to analyze what people like. So I'm like, I hope you like how I live, but if you don't, you don't."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One (furious) comment with regards to the interview above:

"....I've always like Justin up until now. I think he is kinda coming off as a jerk. If he is over Britney, then why is taking stabs all the time about her now? Doesn't she get enough negative press all on her own? Not too long ago didn't he defend her and say that the press should just leave the girl alone, and now he himself is slamming her?

As far as drugs...it's one thing to come out and talk about your sexuality, but come on! There are millions of kids out there who dig him and he just annouces that he is a drug user like its no big deal. Using drugs is a big deal, and something that no one should be proud of. If he wishes to use them FINE, it's his life, but keep it quiet...he's kept it on the down low for this long..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... the full entry H.E.R.E

No comments: