Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Schnitzel from Charcos

Note: 
Charcos has closed their Marine Parade branch and is now at - 
Blk 608 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #01-2771 Mr Teh Tarik, 560608
Tel: 6455 3711

Chicken Schnitzel w/ 3 salads .

I can't help thinking about the Chicken Schnitzel that my bro had that one time. So when my colleague asked for a suggestion on a place to lunch at, I eagerly brought up, "Charcos!"

It's just like the way it looked. Not that ...erm.. very nice. Maybe I had my expectations way too high. It could be that my bro was very hungry during the time that we dined here and that helped to paint a rosier picture. Or maybe I just come on a bad day?

The chicken was on the dry side and it's hard. Like the 'over-fried' or 'fried-many-times' kind of hard. Disappointing, to say the least. Plus that brown sauce served on the side... I can't really figure out what it should have been. Both the taste and consistency is neither here nor there. I chose to dip the chicken meat in the (free-flow) BBQ sauce instead.

Have I ever mentioned just how much I love BBQ sauces? Plus, Charco's version is awesome! Wonder if it's their own creation or those off-the-shelves type?

The 3 salads

Clockwise from top, egg salad, Caesar salad (order this everytime WITHOUT FAIL) and tuna pasta (new favourite).

I think I can just keep coming back here for the salads alone, lah. Where else can I get cheap affordable and good decent and Halal salads under 1 roof?

No comments: