Wednesday, October 10, 2007

too much korean

when your family watched too much korean schtuffs...

Ok, with KBS (StarHub ch.100) as our staple channel daily (yes, including the weekend); it comes as no surprise, doesn't it?

Signs showing your family watched too much korean dramas:
- When a resounding cry of, "Om-ma (mum)!" in a crowded supermarket had my mum quickly looking for me.

- When I abruptly said, "Chakam-man (wait)!" as my dad is walking away, he stopped, looked back and waited.

- When I playfully mumbled the word, "Abu-ji (dad)," my dad turns. I like the sound of that word.

- When I queued at a counter and my brother is at another further down, he came over when I cried, "Oppa (elder brother)!"

- When my parents nod their heads, acknowledging my gratitude when I said, "Ko-mawo (thanks)."

- When my mum chuckled as I said, 'Bi-anata (sorry)" when I bumped into someone on the streets.

- When we hymn to the same Korean trot song.

- When I said, "Ai-goo, ai-goo (oh boy, oh boy)". And my parents ask what's wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad loves the Korean trot (similar to America's country music and M'sia lagu Asli). He also loves their ballads (he's convinced Koreans have great voices). I love their music too. The songlist in my mp3 can vouch for that.

My mum and I love the dramas and variety shows. And the ladies fashion (we're still reeling from shock at the mens' fashion).

I love the men. My bro love the women.

And we all LOVE Korean food!
--------------------------------------------------------

No comments: