Sunday, February 12, 2012

Obolo again

Been in my photostream for sometime now (my photos got stored in my Flickr whenever I send them on Instagram; current mode of choice to share my food pics).

These. are. too. gorgeous. to. not. share!

My female boss and her dessert spending spree. Luckily this time, she's wise enough to buy petit four portions from Obolo. Only that we cant really share and simply choose which one to savour…


Mousses & Creams

Comes in single-portion sized plastic cups, known as 'dessert shooters'. The names of these shooters could be any of these. I have no idea which is which. I only had one of them.

Summer Berries, Caprice, Desire, Mango Mascarpone, Rouge and Amore.

Go to their website to see more.


Teeny-tiny cakes

(top, from left) New York Cheese, Noisette, Lemon Meringue Tart
(bottom, from left) Salted-Caramel Chocolate Tart, Le Cassis, Mango Passion Cheese

A box of 6 petit-fours costs $15.90 (there's a discount on their website now).


Amore??

I think this could be the name of the dessert shooter I chose. I remember the taste of dark chocolate + bits of sour berries.

...And those teeny-tiny gold nuggets are sugary bits; perhaps to offset the sourness from the raspberries?

(extracted from the Obolo website):
Amore – 68% dark chocolate mousse encased fresh raspberry jewels


Salted-Caramel Chocolate Tart

Initially thought this to be the Noisette, their most popular cake. Then I realised that this is actually a tart (love the crunchy, buttery base!).

There's actually salted caramel cream sandwiched between heavenly dark chocolate ganache. The sweetish-salty caramel + dark chocolate? What an explosion of flavours! Eversince my encounter with the salt caramel, I've always been so fond of this flavour!


Mango Passion Cheesecake

The name says it all. Tangy tones, courtesy of the passion fruit. Other than that, I can't differentiate between the flavours of the 2 fruits. But really, really nice!

-------------------------

Entry on my 1st visit to their previous location HERE (warning: poor quality handphone pics!).

No comments: