Wednesday, April 08, 2009

THANK YOU

Yesterday was my 1-month anniversary wasn't it? Goodness, time sure flies zip past - fast. Darn fast.

It's true, what my mum said. "Bukan masa yang kejar kita..." (It's not time that's chasing us..)

I guess this is very very much belated. I realised that I have not officially thanked those who made my wedding happen. The post was there but it somehow remained in draft mode since ages back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents a.k.a cashier for EVERYTHING. everything everything.
Oh, my bro, too. In short, my family.
I really wouldn't have been married if not for them.

My mum who is also my wedding planner. Who fussed about things (albeit a bit too much) all the way just because I was too weighed down with work all the way till I got my leave on Friday. Yes, the Friday before my solemnisation.

And my dad who got sick on and off towards the big day because of wedding invites. He had always prepared the guest list for others (he's the only one within our circle of family friends who had a real address list of others). And yet when it comes to his turn, he conked out.

My grandparents.

The paternal side who turned my cousin's Ate's house into a factory of sorts, by creating a production line to pack my wedding favours. I realised that EVERYONE in my dad's family turned up to help, right down to the little grandkids. And darn, I could have gotten a complete picture of all 9 siblings right then (just that I forgot to).

My cousin Ate for letting us store the favours at her place and letting us make a mess of it when we turn up.

Ate, Huda, Imah, Nor & Sue for contributing the favours for the kids. And also for the cheeky gifts on my hen night. And of course, the hen night itself. And also for doing up the bridal room settings.

Suzi & Effy for the henna-ing. Huda & Juju, too.

Cik Mis from KL for the cute 'strawberries' for the favours during my solemnisation. And also the uber-creative bunga telor that had all the makciks (aunties) going crazy because it's made of asam keping (tamarind slices).

My ladies from my paternal side who were united enough to gamely dress up in green because it's my favourite colour.

Juju, Huda, Cik Tinah who contributed desserts.

The makciks & neneks who cooked on Saturday.

Ruf for trying to keep me company on my big day.

Tini for all the recommendations.

And everyone who helped out on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. EVERYONE. Especially since my mum refused the services of the kendarats (wedding helpers).

And to everyone who made time to attend, this is also for you.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! THANK YOU THANK YOU

I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH!

And also to them for their professional services:

Hajjah Zaiton from Marshall Lane Catering - for all that food
Our Wedding Affairs (esp. Mr Soh) - I really love their service! Highly commendable!
Kak Sue (OWA) - For transforming me to be pretty pretty. Inneke Koesherawati or Kris Dayanti, I love the look! And also for all that laughs! Gerek ah Kak Sue!
Kak Eton (Kak Sue's asst.) - For the great company
Abg Zul from Zulphotovideo Production - For the great shots, video & laughter. And also all that tips.
Encik Rahim from Merpati Creations - For the awesome decor. From the number of people who are going to sign up with him for that design, I wonder if I should ask for commisssion....
Liu Printing & Paperbox - For the printing of the invitation cards, the box for the favour and the favour itself.
Puan Aziza of Kembangan CC - For providing the Gamelan music
Sham Enterprise - For the logistics like the tents, tables, utensils and crockery. And the likes.
Cik Ana & Zai (my neighbour & her sis) - for doing the dulang hantaran, bunga pahar & sireh junjung. Oh, the kuih tat too.
Kadi Ismail Terimoh - For the really interesting nikah (solemnisation). Even the mak andam remarkied that he gave really good khutbah (sermon). He made jokes to lighten the situation and made things brief, where necessary. And he made things convenient for us, too. Even the photographer was full of praise for his ways.

Did I miss out anyone...?

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! THANK YOU THANK YOU

Oh, to all who gave those wonderful gifts...

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! THANK YOU THANK YOU

To the peeps from MainSolutions Pte Ltd...

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! THANK YOU THANK YOU

*kowtows*

No comments: