Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Seah Im Food Centre

After my kiddo's swimming lessons which obviously went past the scheduled time, (given that the kiddo refused to leave the pool) our rumbling tummies put us on an urgent quest to get get them filled; with our favourite food, no less.

Eventually settled on Seah Imm Food Centre since it's pretty much nearby Delta Swimming Complex.

There I was contemplating between what I've always had whenever I'm there- Thaksin Beef Noodles or to finally try the famous Aspirasi Chicken rice.

The odds finally fell in favour of my chicken & rice-loving son so I ordered the Sambal Chicken Rice from Aspirasi, to be shared with him (the sambal was more for me, ok?).


Aspirasi sambal chicken rice

My 1st time trying food from the famous Aspirasi. My bro was the one who ordered from their stall and when this arrived, I was like, 'Whoa!" Those crispy bits look good!

But seriously, I eventually didn't get too crazy about those crispy bits anymore . They are after all, greasy.

This Sambal Chicken Rice was highly recommended and I can't help raving about its awesome sambal (chilli paste). I let my mum have a taste and she too, agreed. Just the right amount of heat and sweetness. And I like that it's a tad runny, so there's enough to go around.

The rice was kinda fluffy and goes down well with my kid. So much so that my bro had to contribute sme of his rice.

My bro had the Black Pepper version and the taste wasn't too bad too. Some recomment the fried rice with chicken. Hmm... Next time, I guess.


Thaksin Beef Noodles

My dad had the norm. Kway Teow 'Value'. Where the soup contain beef brisket, tripe, fresh lean meat with kang kong, bean sprouts and garnishes like fresh cilantro and basil leaves.

My mum prefered a smaller portion so I got her the 'Standard'  version, where they omit the fresh lean meat for a dollar less.


This being their original branch, the seem to more or less maintain their regular standards. Elsewhere, there seem to be a decline, especially in terms of their presentation. :(

… Can't help thinking of that sambal!

No comments: