Sunday, November 08, 2015

Sinseh : The Grocery

At The Lab SG, when we were making our orders and payment at the counter; the staff informed us of their new offshoot called 'Sinseh'.

We were like, "Sinseh? Selling what? Medicine?" Heyy... you never know!

Apparently they've started a new ice-cream/dessert bar and a hipster sort of grocery shop. You know, those vintage/shabby-industrial chic/gourmet kinds of stuff..? Oh, I've also asked if they're selling cakes too since it's a desserts place after all but nope, cakes will remain in The Lab SG.

Out of curiousity, we trudged down the street to the said shop; located a few doors away beside Pho 4 All. I know that we've already had our dose of ice-cream, pre-dinner but we're just curious…

Untitled
Menu boards 01 & 02

Untitled
Menu boards 01, 02 & 03

Floats & fusions.

The watermelon lime spritzer is calling my name!

Untitled
Cute 'mascot'

Untitled
Awesome service

The guy tending the front of the shop was very candid and entertain our every queries. He even excitedly let us in on his various experimentation with various foods/flavours and finalising the items that will be offered there.

Thing like the bagel ice-cream sandwich, they eventually reveal it on their FB page. Very interesting, I must say.

Untitled
Ice-cream!

The top 3 are the premium flavours like Honey & Fig, something-I-can't remember and Spicy Apple Crumble.

I bluntly remarked that I've had the Honey & Fig and Spicy Apple Crumble before, at Flavour Flings. He did mention that he sourced them from somewhere.

We gamely tried many flavours. The Thai Milk Tea & Lychee-Lime sorbet is yummers! The dark brown one is Chocolate-Oreo and beside it is Hazelnut Choc (I think?). There's also Mango Lassi, Durian, Bandung and of course, Vanilla bean.

Untitled
Toppings

For their soft-launch, they offered free toppings so we went into the shop to choose.

I have to admit that their waffle machine makes me a wee bit excited. Hoping they can match those by Creamier!

Untitled

Untitled
'Atas' grocery items for sale

I spot compartments for (in-house) baked goods like breads, brownies, biscottis and cookies etc. There are canned items like tomatoes. Jars of salsa, sauces & pickles. Jelly beans! Nougats. Organic/healthy food items etc…

Some things are truly unique and hard-to-come-by so if they really pique my interest, I don't mind buying.

Untitled
Our chosen flavours

Tim had the Spicy Apple Crumble, topped with ice gem biscuits.

Myself, I had the Lychee Lime with strawberry wafer biscuit. He asked me if the strawberry biscuit matches the ice-cream I had. I just shrugged. I should have turned back and tell him that they complement each other!

That spoon... I did point it out, "Ehhh.. your spoon. Soo not classy, can?" Hurhur.

He told us that they didn't plan to sell the ice-cream yet but since they already arrived- he thought, "Why not, right?" So he went across the street to some plastic-ware shop and got any spoon that he can get his hands on.

Wait... did we just have another round of ice-cream…??

Erm... Hey, there can never be too much of desserts on a Friday night! *peace*

Their details:
Untitled

No comments: